Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Brick Workouts on CFE??

Home Forums CFE Topics Brick Workouts on CFE??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ironmom 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ironmom

To the triathletes here doing CFE – what are you all doing for brick workouts (bike+run, etc.)?? I haven’t seen any bricks come up on the CFE site WODS yet. In years past, I’ve always just added in a 1-mile run after my hard/long bike efforts, but that’s not in the CFE protocol, so I haven’t been doing that this time around.

I just did a B/R brick last Saturday:

3 rounds of:

2.5 mile bike with a big hill in the middle
    1 mile run

with fast transitions.

Hopefully this will be a good simulation for my upcoming race, which has 3 loops on the bike course, 700 feet of climbing on each loop.

Anyone else got good brick workouts or strategies to share??

Kaitlin

From the cert.
    Work on bricks yourself on a tempo day. After a bike do a 200m or 300m run. CF wods work on transitioning using different modalities. Throw in a couple of bricks if you feel you need to every couple weeks for the sport specific side of things. Also, look at transitions as a skill. Time them to add another side to it too. Have a short bit before you start the run course to replicate what happens in the race leaving your bike and exiting the transition area

tuckaaron

Not sure how this works with programming but I have taken the workouts and turned them into a brick. If I find I can do a swim run, or bike run I will. Usually I do this for workouts where there is 6 rounds being done with adequate rest. I do three in the pool. Throw some shoes on and do the last three in the parking lot.
    I’m interested to hear people’s views on this.

"tuckaaron" wrote: Not sure how this works with programming but I have taken the workouts and turned them into a brick. If I find I can do a swim run, or bike run I will. Usually I do this for workouts where there is 6 rounds being done with adequate rest. I do three in the pool. Throw some shoes on and do the last three in the parking lot.
    I’m interested to hear people’s views on this.

I would not have agreed with this until I started crossfitting. I think the important thing is to view each sport and transition as a skill practice (as Kaitlin wrote). Make sure you are doing the biking correct, the T2 correct, and run with good form. Keep it to a 30-45 minute drill and this would be a good workout.

A great simulated brick I enjoy on the CF WODS that comes up from time to time is 4 rounds for time of 1/4 mile run & 50 squats. The wobbly leg feeling of this is a lot tougher than the normal bike to run transition. It will definitely get you prepared for overcoming the race day wobbly legs.

Ironmom

I like the idea of breaking up a regular workout across two sports. Great thought!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.