Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

CFE Warm Up

Home Forums CFE Topics CFE Warm Up

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kevinp 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

joejoe22

Here’s an easy one. Is there a standard warmup for CFE? I was just wondering if there is a standard like the CR WU. Normally, I just jog (or light swim, bike) for a few minutes. Then stretch, and begin workout. What does everyone else do?

Kaitlin

JoeJoe22– Here is the standard CFE warmup which is posted on the home page under the legend
    Official CFE Warm Up: 1/2 mile easy jog or equivalent for swim/bike. 3 sets of 3 seperate CrossFit Running drills or swim/bike drills with brief (100-200m) jog increasing to sprint between each. Follow up with 3 sprints <100m. 80%, 90%, and 100%. Recover completely and begin workout.

joejoe22

Thanks. I guess I should check a little more diligently before begging for help. Thanks again.

MarcH

JoeJoe, For the bike try spinning up from ~60 rpm to 120+ rpm by adding 5 rpm each minute. Keep the gearing low. Easier to do on a trainer than on the road.

kevinp

Hi. Ok, I’m new too.
    I’m just trying to get a handle on the warm-up. Can someone explain this part?:
    3 sets of 3 seperate CrossFit Running drills or swim/bike drills with brief (100-200m) jog increasing to sprint between each.

Is there a list of drills / descriptions? And am I right in assuming this would work out to be something like this?:
    1st drill
    100m jog increasing to sprint
    2nd drill
    3rd drill
    move on to 100m repeats (80%, 90%, 100%)

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

mattyg1

Hey Kevin,

Here is how I warm up for all CFE workouts:

Jog half mile
    20 yds high Knees
    20 yds butt kicks
    20 yards power skips
    15 squats
    20 yards walking lunges
    3 x 10 seconds arm sprinting….basically just the arm movement of a sprint…no running
    3 x 50 yard runs 1st set 50% effort, 2nd set 75% effort, and 3rd set 100% effort
    Dynamic Stretching

Warm-up takes anywhere between 15-20 minutes.

Start workout

Kaitlin

Kevin–
    There on 2 videos with running drills in them on the left side of the home page. The Foot Pull Drill has Brian demonstrate it, and the jump rope drill, and forward lunge drill are on the Skills & Drills CrossFit Endurance one. Yes, you would do one drill then 100m jog increasing to sprint then the next drill. The other place to learn the drills is at a cert.

There are som Pose drills on Posetech’s web page: http://www.posetech.com/video/index.php/weblog/C8/

and lots of them on youtube, for example you can look on Romanov’s youtube page, I think there are some there
    http://www.youtube.com/user/posetv

wfs

kevinp

Thanks all.

That helps. I will be doing the runs and erging. I still remember some technique drills from college and I’m sure I can look up a few at C2.

I did Saturday’s today and that worked out pretty well. I have another question but I’ll put that in another post. I need to see if anyone has asked in yet.

k

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.