Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Tabata Swim Timer?

Home Forums CFE Topics Tabata Swim Timer?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matt the Rat 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Matt the Rat

I’ve searched the forums & haven’t found anything specific to my question. If I’ve missed something please feel free to post the link & I’d be greatly appreciative.

My question is: How do you guys keep on your Tabata Intervals when swimming? I know that you’re supposed to do them in either open water or in the pool but how do you make sure you swim for 20 sec, rest for 10, etc?

I have a Gym Boss Interval Timer but it’s not water proof. I don’t have a watch that I can set to beep for the 20:10 protocol. It’s hard to keep eyeballing the pool timer to make sure I’m going all out & see when to stop. Do you guys use a water proof MP3 player with tones? Is there some other device that I haven’t found yet?

Again, thanks for the help.

– Matt
    CF Full Circle Assistant Coach/Head Endurance Coach

Kaitlin

Ironman Triathlon watch
    Go to timer set it for 30 seconds and repeat.
    It beeps for 10 seconds so when it stops beeping your rest is over.
    When you start let the first 10 seconds go and start swimming when it stops beeping. When it starts beeping that is your rest.
    That is why its set for 30 seconds.
    The watch is around $35

Matt the Rat

Brilliant.

And by that I mean the fact that the watch is already set up for that. Not by the fact that I’ve owned one for years & never figured that out.

:oops:

Thanks Kaitlin! As always, you rock.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.